Saturday, July 21, 2007

Chatuchak Market and SPICY food :)

Hi all,

This will be shorter than yesterday.....today we ventured to the Chatuchak market, which is a weekend market by the end of the skytrain line..it is MASSIVE!! Both Lauren and I spent more money than we'd planned, but probably still pennies in canadian money :) There is a ridiculous amount of stuff at this place and it would probably take you about 11 days to see everything. Food, clothes, furniture, silk, jewelry, childrens toys, army gear, bras, baby shoes...seriously everything. After the market, we had to go to the bus station to book our ticket to Chiang Mai. No taxis would take us for what we wanted to pay so we ended up on a tuk-tuk...the best way to describe it would be a motorized bike with a carriage on the back. It was hilarious. Right on the highway with the rest of the taxis and buses. Also...drivers here are insane. Like more than mexico. BUT we got our tickets and leave tomorrow night to Chiang Mai. 9 hours on a bus...fantastic!! Should be interesting. We'll see about the massage course - hopefully we can find one for a decent price...not promising anything tho!!
No calling dibs for first massages :)
Talk soon!
Thanks for all the messages! :) Love Laur and Laur

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The tuk-tuk looks like a way more fun experience. The smiles on your faces say it all. I can just hear the giggling. I can't imagine you packing anything more in your backpacks! You can always send stuff home. I love the blog site and your pics on facebook are awesome!
Love Jan

Anonymous said...

Hello Lauren - this is Opa - I can see that you're having a good time!! Don't forget to see the Temples and the King's residence!! The architecture and the art is outstanding!!! Don't worry about the cost - we'll send more if needed.
Love and hugs Opa XOXO

Anonymous said...

Hi Sweet Ladies!!!!
Oh I miss you tons. So sweet that you took a cooking class!!! And massage class! How fantastice. Will you cook for me when you are back??
It looks so amazing over there, and I love the pictures and LT your face! heheh That was cute! Looking forward to more pics. Hope the bus ride was alright. Missing you tons! xoxoxo Luv Bobicia(Alicia)